-
WLAN PCMCIA Problem
I have tested the newest version of Knoppix with my Notebook. Looks good but i can not use my PCMCIA WLAN card (Orinoco 802.11b/g Silver). It should be run on kernel 2.6 i think. I have not tested it with kernel 2.4. If i want to configure it with the integrated WLAN cofigurator it says no wlan adapter found or something like that. Can someone help me please? Please very simple because Iam a noob in this. THX
-
Re: WLAN PCMCIA Problem

Originally Posted by
DaSilva
I have tested the newest version of Knoppix with my Notebook. Looks good but i can not use my PCMCIA WLAN card (Orinoco 802.11b/g Silver). It should be run on kernel 2.6 i think. I have not tested it with kernel 2.4. If i want to configure it with the integrated WLAN cofigurator it says no wlan adapter found or something like that. Can someone help me please? Please very simple because Iam a noob in this. THX
I believe there are some native drivers for the Orinoco, although its hard to know unless you can also tell me who makes the card and perhaps any futher details about the version of the card. However, I am no expert in how to get native drivers working because their is no native support for my chipset.
I use ndiswrapper and I can help you get that work for your card assuming you have the M$ drivers; i.e. the *.inf file.
Advice in a nutshell.
1. Assuming you have the M$ drivers; in M$ create a high-level directory -- say C:\Wireless
2. Put the M$ orinoco driver in this
3. In a console become root: i.e. su <return> -- the prompt should change from $ to # ...
4. Type: ndiswrapper -l /mnt/hda1/Wireless/<name-of-inf-file>.inf <return>
5. Type modprobe ndiswrapper <return>
6. Use the configuartion script you mentioned
Hopefully you are done.
There is a step-by-step guide that is perhaps too detailed under the sticky post: Success with Knoppix 3.6 and Ndiswrapper -- written by myself (its time I updated it).
But if you have futher problems, post again and I'll try and be of assistance.
Regards,
Grant D. Vallance
Similar Threads
-
By tuxlover in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:24 AM
-
By DaSilva in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By anotherulrich in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By onimeno in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By manzikki in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20