What does the failsafe cheat do for you?
Somewhere about the release of Knoppix 3.4 I could no longer boot into Knoppix on my dell laptop without having to use the atapicd cheatcode on bootup.
Now this is not a major issue, however what I now find rather annoying, is that when I use the atapicd cheatcode, knoppix does not identify my installed HD partitions, so it does not put them into the FSTAB file, so when the desktop appears, the only mountable drives/partitions are those of my CDROM.
If I boot from my desktop system, where I don't need the atapicd cheatcode, everything is normal. So somehow by using the atapicd cheatcode, my regular disk partitions fail to get recognised.
Anyone know a way around this?
Thanks for any help.
What does the failsafe cheat do for you?
You might get a satisfactory workaround by creating an fstab with all your partitions recognised then saving configuration (including /etc configurations) & booting to the saved configuration.
Have you tried booting with:
knoppix nodma
? That works for me on my Dell Laptop (433mhz Latitude Cpt), and everything else seems to work fine.
-Tofer
you may try these options either together or a combination or variation of them, but this is the only way i can get my Dell laptop to boot.
Knoppix failsafe fb=1024x768 refresh=75 noscsi nodma

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01