does the cable modem connect to the machine running KNOPPIX or another computer ?
I don't quite understand when you said "I have a network adapter card in my computer that works through the phone lines in my house". Isn' it RJ-45 ?
I am using cable internet service and am trying to figure out how to configure/setup my connection. I have a network adapter card in my computer that works through the phone lines in my house. I have my internet connection coming from a computer running windows xp and sharing the connection. I have no clue how to get this started/configured when I boot up Knoppix. Can anybody help me with this?
does the cable modem connect to the machine running KNOPPIX or another computer ?
I don't quite understand when you said "I have a network adapter card in my computer that works through the phone lines in my house". Isn' it RJ-45 ?
The way this all works is long, laborious and confusing. It'll change in two months so I might just have to wait.
Here's the setup:
Cable internet comes into the cable modem. That goes out to a router. Two computers are connected to the router. One of the computers has internet connection sharing turned on. It has a phoneline adapter card in it. It's PCI card. From that computer it has a RJ-11 jack coming out with a phone cord that goes into a RJ-11 phone jack in the wall. Then in another part of the house, I have a phone card coming out of the wall into a RJ-11 jack in my computer with the same type of card.
In my device manager it is called: Broadcom iLine10(tm) Network Adapter
The product number is HPN200. It is made by Linksys. Here is a link to the exact product on their website. I still have the driver cd.
http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=33&prid=130

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server
$999.95
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays
$150.00
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96