-
Now I tried booting "failsafe", and I succeeded in creating two swap files (one on each of my HDD partitions, why?).
Then I could start a KDE session.
So I hoped that Knoppix would detect the swap files on the next boot
However, booting "knoppix" (the normal way) again gives me the same problem as before.
How can I get any clues as to what went wrong in the hardware detection and swap file handling?
Regards,
Matthias
Similar Threads
-
By pezz453 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
-
By yukichigai in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:27 AM
-
By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$29.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

IBM Face Plate for OEM IMI 5012H 10MB MFM 5.25" Full Height Hard Disk Drive
$29.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99