-
Hi rgarden,
I did not use cfdisk, QParted, nor anything like that for the swap files. I just had Knoppix make them in the startup process (this step is called automatically when there is not enough RAM to run KDE). For this purpose, Knoppix uses a built-in shell script named mkdosswapfile, and I do not know its details yet.
As I mentioned earlier, my Knoppix does use the swap file (and automatically detects it on startup), if I start it with the nodma cheatcode. I just cannot configure the swap file from the KDE (you get this menu when clicking on the penguin symbol).
regards,
Matthias
Similar Threads
-
By pezz453 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
-
By yukichigai in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:27 AM
-
By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25