-
Notebook and Beamer
Hi,
I have two Notebooks, a Dell Latitude D600 and a Compaq Evo N160. On both systems I have installed Knoppix on the hard disk (Dell with Knoppix 3.6 and Compaq with Knoppix 3.4) as a Debian system. Both systems work fine, but when I try to make a presentation with our Beamer, the Beamer shows (independent of the notebook) just the middle part of the screen.
The reason seems to be, that the beamer gives DDC no signal about the resolution as I can see in the log-file of XFREE. As a result XFREE works in clone mode with a lower frequency (about 31.5 Mhz) on the beamer. When I start the notebooks connected with an external monitor who gives information about his resolution and afterwards swap the VGA cable with the one of the beamer everything works fine. Is there any chance to fix this problem in the X-configuration, so that I can connect to the beamer without going to clone mode?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By pschuett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:07 PM
-
By Chuckbaker in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 09:27 AM
-
By Chuckbaker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By zip.it in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
-
By konilsen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69