Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I have configured my archlinux kernel 2.6.10-1 to enable "cramfs".

I do not know if it is required for decompress of .cmg files.
Cramfs is the default, that doesn't mean a cmg must be cramfs though, the ooo2 cmg file is actually an iso with transparent (to linux) compression (at least I believe it is).
Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I found previously that my Knoppix /mnt/app had to be addressed to change permissions and have done so in archlinux as well.

You remarked about utilizing mkisofs to modify the .cmg images but haven't as yet identified the particulars. Perhaps it would help my efforts to get Klik running in arch.
You can use mkisofs to create the transparent compressed iso type cloop files. From the klik docs page:
Code:
mkzftree inputdirectory/ outputdirectory/
mkisofs -z -r -v -U -o output.cmg outputdirectory/
Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I have tried using arch...mount -o loop.. and succeeded in getting a .cmg image file into /mnt/app but it did not run.
What did you try to run? /mnt/app/wrapper ? If this existed then cramfs shouldn't be the problem. Did you get an error message? Perhaps you need to add exec to your mount options? Why not setup the fstab as recommended so it will be mounted at /mnt/app/1?
Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I have tried to use the "run" command with .cmg files with no success.
Is that the ~/.zAppRun? Again if it is what errors did you get? Did you setup the fstab as recommended?
Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I note the fstab entries in klik include a "loop" statement which most likely enables the decoding.
Once your kernel has cramfs support it should work, cramfs is recognised to mount automatically but the complete translation of the recommended fstab line into a mount command is (taking /mnt/app/1 as an example):
Code:
mount -o user,noauto,ro,loop,exec /mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1
The way this actually works is that the .zAppRun script makes a symbloic link pointing to the cmg file as follows:
Code:
mkdir /mnt/app/1
ln -s ~/Desktop/some.cmg /mnt/app/1/image
Then it mounts it, and it deletes the link (and the directory actually) afterwards.