Quote Originally Posted by lilsirecho
I have downloaded the Klik system into another OS archlinux.

The fstab entries appear, I have access to the .cmg files on desktop, I have created a /mnt/app directory but have no entries in that directory.
This is correct. The entries are created by the script which runs the cmg file. All you need is a /mnt/app you can write to.

If it doesn't work as is on archlinux (doesn't support cramfs) you can either just use the appdir or you can make an img that archlinux does understand (or you could even edit ~/.klik to create a different kind of image in the first place). You could just make a regular iso image of the appdir named as a .cmg and it should work (providing archlinux supports loop mounting, I'm not sure what archlinux is so ...).

I can't remember the most versitile and correct mkisofs incantation, I'll try and check it out again soon and report back the magic line. You could mke2fs on a file if you wanted, it's up to you, as long as the systems kernel can mount the filesystem as type auto.

Then all you need to worry about is if the OS you are trying has all the required packages, klik assumes you have the least common denominator of all the packages in the supported distributions and won't include any required packages from these. You can use my dpkg -x step from above to add some more required packages into an AppDir if required though. Let's just say life can be much easier on a supported distro, though many packages will work all over the place, it all depends on the dependencies

Hope that makes sense.