it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.
Note: I am new to Linux, so I cannot "compile" a new kernel, etc. The solution I am looking for should involve simple command line typing or downloading files that can be used as is.
Thanks for your help.
I am using Knoppix ... on CD on Dell Laptop 700m. The laptop boots up fine, but I have two issues:
1)When running on battery power it will suddenly show a message "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" and reboot and this goes on in an endless loop of boot, show "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" message and reboot. It works fine when the latop is on AC power. The battery is fully charged and the battery power status indicator in the system on the lower right shows about "97%" which is correct. Any ideas? Also, when running Windows, the laptop works fine on battery power.
2) My Intel wireless card is not recognized. How do I fix this?
it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99