-
Knoppix Issues on Dell 700m Laptop
Note: I am new to Linux, so I cannot "compile" a new kernel, etc. The solution I am looking for should involve simple command line typing or downloading files that can be used as is.
Thanks for your help.
I am using Knoppix ... on CD on Dell Laptop 700m. The laptop boots up fine, but I have two issues:
1)When running on battery power it will suddenly show a message "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" and reboot and this goes on in an endless loop of boot, show "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" message and reboot. It works fine when the latop is on AC power. The battery is fully charged and the battery power status indicator in the system on the lower right shows about "97%" which is correct. Any ideas? Also, when running Windows, the laptop works fine on battery power.
2) My Intel wireless card is not recognized. How do I fix this?
Similar Threads
-
By muhith in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
-
By GCMartin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM
-
By katana5 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
-
By monkuncle in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:00 PM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
$204.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77