it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.
Note: I am new to Linux, so I cannot "compile" a new kernel, etc. The solution I am looking for should involve simple command line typing or downloading files that can be used as is.
Thanks for your help.
I am using Knoppix ... on CD on Dell Laptop 700m. The laptop boots up fine, but I have two issues:
1)When running on battery power it will suddenly show a message "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" and reboot and this goes on in an endless loop of boot, show "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" message and reboot. It works fine when the latop is on AC power. The battery is fully charged and the battery power status indicator in the system on the lower right shows about "97%" which is correct. Any ideas? Also, when running Windows, the laptop works fine on battery power.
2) My Intel wireless card is not recognized. How do I fix this?
it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00