it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.
Note: I am new to Linux, so I cannot "compile" a new kernel, etc. The solution I am looking for should involve simple command line typing or downloading files that can be used as is.
Thanks for your help.
I am using Knoppix ... on CD on Dell Laptop 700m. The laptop boots up fine, but I have two issues:
1)When running on battery power it will suddenly show a message "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" and reboot and this goes on in an endless loop of boot, show "batter power is running out, 0 minutes left" message and reboot. It works fine when the latop is on AC power. The battery is fully charged and the battery power status indicator in the system on the lower right shows about "97%" which is correct. Any ideas? Also, when running Windows, the laptop works fine on battery power.
2) My Intel wireless card is not recognized. How do I fix this?
it is Knoppix 2.78 and it is on the CD that comes with "Knoppix Hacks" book by O'Reilly.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99