I'm unable to insmod the modules sb_common.o and sb_ess.o (for my soundcard)
When insmod'ing sb_common.o, insmod reports (and I verified in the C source) unresolved symbol ess_dsp_reset which is in sb_ess.o
When insmod'ing sb_ess.o, insmod reports (and I verified in the C source) unresolved symbol sb_dsp_command which is in sb_common.o
How can I get these modules loaded when there's a circular dependency like this?
BTW this is on the knoppix liveCD, meaning the /lib/modules directory is readonly, and these modules are extra modules not included in the liveCD, so they are in a different (writable) filesystem than /lib/modules, and I've been unable to get modprobe to work with modules not in the /lib/modules directory

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U-E 48-Port UPOE Network Switch
$650.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00