Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I get MS Fonts working?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6

    How do I get MS Fonts working?

    I downloaded the MS true type fonts package (can't remember the exact name of it). Anyway, unlike with MEPIS, it popped up with a box saying I had to do something to get the fonts working. I thought "I'll worry about that later", but my fonts look rather ordinary now, so I need to do something to get fonts working correctly.

    Currently, I don't have Arial in OpenOffice, but it's listed in Firefox, although selecting Arial doesn't seem to change the font at all!

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    MS Fonts not working - I can't even install it!

    I just tried installing the msfonts from klik, but got an "update-ms-fonts can only be run as root."

    I tried following some directions I found on the web, but ended up with an error about not being able to write on the volume.

    Help!

Similar Threads

  1. Help with fonts
    By lewisdw in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 03:24 AM
  2. Where Are Knoppix 3.7 Fonts Kept?
    By mac57 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
  3. Thunderbird Fonts
    By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:53 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  5. TTF fonts
    By XPediTioN in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$399.99