I'm unable to insmod the modules sb_common.o and sb_ess.o (for my soundcard)
When insmod'ing sb_common.o, insmod reports (and I verified in the C source) unresolved symbol ess_dsp_reset which is in sb_ess.o
When insmod'ing sb_ess.o, insmod reports (and I verified in the C source) unresolved symbol sb_dsp_command which is in sb_common.o
How can I get these modules loaded when there's a circular dependency like this?
BTW this is on the knoppix liveCD, meaning the /lib/modules directory is readonly, and these modules are extra modules not included in the liveCD, so they are in a different (writable) filesystem than /lib/modules, and I've been unable to get modprobe to work with modules not in the /lib/modules directory

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
LOT 2x Samsung 32gb PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Memory M393A4K40CB2-CVF -PARTS
$250.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99