-
Persistent home directory
I tried to create a persistent home directory on a USB-key under Knoppix 3.7. I used the the button ( script) Knoppix > Configure > Create a persistent KNOPPIX Home directory. After that I check the contains of the USB-key. I have a new file on it it seem to be a knoppix.img. I decide to test the persistent home directory by creating a text file in the home directory and I reboot the machine. At the boot prompt I type this "knoppix home=scan". After the boot my text file is not in the home directory but the knoppix.img is already on my USB-key.
What is the problem?
Thank you
-
So your home partition wasn't on the usb-key when you created the text file?
Try it again and remember to type "knoppix home=scan" or "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" (if you have no other scsi devices) at the boot prompt first.
Similar Threads
-
By jm47048 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
-
By jm47048 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19