did you check if the md5sum for the ISO checks out?
if not do that before you burn any more CD's
see this link for more
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...O_CD_images.3F
Oh and and burn at LOW speed, 4X or so.
I recently dl'd Knoppix. I burned the ISO image and rebooted to CD. I keep getting tons of errors. It seems things are missing from my cd. My CD drive searches and searches for stuff, making a wierd sound. When Knoppix finally does boot, the same thing happens when I try to access anything in Xwindows.
Is this normal? Are the countless missing data messages due to my hardware? Does Knoppix tend to run, PAINFULLY slow on notebooks? If my cd download was corrupted, how can I check it in Windows? I NEVER get errors dl'ing cd sized stuff elsewhere...
Thanks for your help.
Gloomrot
did you check if the md5sum for the ISO checks out?
if not do that before you burn any more CD's
see this link for more
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...O_CD_images.3F
Oh and and burn at LOW speed, 4X or so.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99