just install the proxy server on KNOPPIX(may be it is there already, waiting to be enabled) and point all your clients(XP, Pocket PC etc.) to that machine in the browser.
Solviong part of the problem is always better than making a new one. I'll look into NAT. Question, if I just wanted browsing, how would I set up proxy? Braowsing is my main concern, everything else is secondary.
just install the proxy server on KNOPPIX(may be it is there already, waiting to be enabled) and point all your clients(XP, Pocket PC etc.) to that machine in the browser.
Essentially what a router does is remember who made a network request and to whom and as it recieves a packet it sends it back to the requesting machine. This is done in linux with ip-masquerading using either ip-chains or ip-tables.
You may want to look into these two packages:
shorewall - Shoreline Firewall (Shorewall)
shorewall-doc - Shoreline Firewall (Shorewall) Documentation
they are available as debs, so you could apt-get them, I haven't used shorewall but I've read that it is easy to get working.
I use a 486 w/16mb of ram and a floppy drive running freesco as my router, with a dialup connection.
rock

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$10.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75