-
Yet another Newbie with boot problems....
Greetings all! At the sugestion of a friend I'm trying Knoppix. I've dl'd ver 3.7, done the checksum thing, and burned it using Nero (and just in case the burn was bad....made another copy).
Here's what happens.
I put the disc in the drive, reboot, the disc is found, then it boots to the lovely Knoppix 3.7 screen with a boot prompt, and I get to use the F1, F2, F3 buttons. I type knoppix, or anything from the "cheatcodes", or just hit enter (tried this several times as you might guess), and it says....(everytime)
loading Linux24.......
loading minirt24.gz......
Ready.
then I get a blinking cursor, and it just sits there. The cd spins down and we all take a break and nothing happens. Anyone got a clue as to what is wrong here and how to fix it? I've had this same problem on both 3.7 discs and a 3.6 disc I got yesterday.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Adrian Hudson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 12:05 PM
-
By mrclark1971 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:27 PM
-
By italianknopfans in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By Rorypyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM
-
By fitzrik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage Digitizer Tablet Accessories Lot 16 Button Puck & Stylus P/N 01-0339
$140.00

Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Vintage Adesso 305 Extended Apple Mac ADB Keyboard Green Alps Clone SKCL Switch
$69.99

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

5x Vintage SSS SCP1802D SCP1802LD Ceramic CPU 1802 COSMAC 1978 Gold IC
$224.99

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00