-
vaio cdrom issues
I recently dl'd Knoppix. I burned the ISO image and rebooted to CD. I keep getting tons of errors. It seems things are missing from my cd. My CD drive searches and searches for stuff, making a wierd sound. When Knoppix finally does boot, the same thing happens when I try to access anything in Xwindows.
Is this normal? Are the countless missing data messages due to my hardware? Does Knoppix tend to run, PAINFULLY slow on notebooks? If my cd download was corrupted, how can I check it in Windows? I NEVER get errors dl'ing cd sized stuff elsewhere...
Thanks for your help.
Gloomrot
Similar Threads
-
By bengaskell in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
-
By abnormal in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By bdeli in forum Laptops
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:07 PM
-
By knoppixnewb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 04:12 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99