Right click on icon ->Properties->Permittions-> (Make neccessary changes) -> Advanced Permittions-> (Make neccessary changes) ->OK->OK
The idea behind: everything is read only by default
Hi,
When I use the Knoppix-CD to boot the PC, the hda en hdb drives (with an existing Redhat install on it, ext3) are mounted OK by Knoppix. I can read them.
But when I want to write to these drives, I get an 'no permission to write' error.
Can someone plz help me out with this?
tnx, Eric
Right click on icon ->Properties->Permittions-> (Make neccessary changes) -> Advanced Permittions-> (Make neccessary changes) ->OK->OK
The idea behind: everything is read only by default
RT click on icon, select 'actions', select 'change read/write mode'.
Hmm, OK tried that, still not able to write on them.
Maybe it is something to do with the rwxr-xr-x settings, eg. knoppix is considered not the owner?

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor
$85.00
(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99