-
Do I need all the default apt mirrors to be active?
Knoppix 3.7 has a lot of mirrors active by default. I use Synaptic, and the list of repositories (which I assume is the same as /etc/apt/sources) is around 100 when I do a reload. I've disabled a handful of them and added main contrib and non-free for stable, testing and unstable from a mirror in Australia. However, the package lists take a while to download each time, as it checks around 100 different repositories/directories. As well as the main stable, testing and unstable trees, there's security, non-us, experimental and a heap of others. Have most people left these active? What should I do?
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
-
By pssc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:22 PM
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00