-
upgraded knoppix (on hd) and wireless eth0 turned to wlan0
Anyone know where I should start troubleshooting my wireless setup (DWL-650) for this problem? I upgraded Knoppix (via apt-get) and after the upgrade, my wireless interface has turned from eth0 into wlan0. I guess that shouldn't be a problem, but iwconfig can't seem to set the encryption:
# iwconfig wlan0 key s:fafbfcfdfe
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A)
Set failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not permitted.
Hmm. wlcardconfig set up the card (with encryption) just fine when it was eth0, but now that it is wlan0 things aren't working. Ideas? Thanks!
-Tofer
-
Well, after a lot of searching, I figured out how to use wlanctl-ng, which is kind of ugly. I'm posting from my wireless card now, but I'm still curious about why the "easy setup" with eth0 has gone away and wlan0 replaced it. Here are the commands I typed to get it going:
# wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
# wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem
# wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe
# ifconfig wlan0 up
# pump -i wlan0
This sets up my DWL-650 to connect to the ssid "hot" with the WEP key "fafbfcfdfe"
-Tofer
p.s. oops...messed up a line in the first edit.
Similar Threads
-
By glj12 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
-
By whil in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
-
By NuxIT in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By keithl in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By matteofb in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model A2S2064 MPN A2S2064
$105.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop
$120.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh replaces 670-0269 Quadra 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99