-
Arrrrgggg....my script won't run from the desktop!
This is probably one of those newbie problems that will seem ridiculous once I start to understand what's going on. I want to run the following script from the KDE desktop (I've installed knoppix on my HD). I simply want to click on it and have it run:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem
wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo pump -i wlan0
echo done!
I've saved it to my desktop as hotNetwork.sh, and I've changed the permissions to be executable. When I click on it, nothing happens, and it doesn't run the commands in the script. Help?
-Tofer
p.s. I also tried assigning it to open up with "sh" or "bash" via the little wrench tool in the properties box, but that doesn't help.
-
Ah. Paths. It's all about paths, isn't it? I put in the correct paths (why can't bash figure them out??) as so, linked everything correctly to a shortcut, and it's fine now:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
/sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem
/sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe
sudo /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo /sbin/pump -i wlan0
echo done!
Grr.
-Tofer
[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
-
By fabriloup in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
-
By lindros in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00