Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Arrrrgggg....my script won't run from the desktop!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7

    Arrrrgggg....my script won't run from the desktop!

    This is probably one of those newbie problems that will seem ridiculous once I start to understand what's going on. I want to run the following script from the KDE desktop (I've installed knoppix on my HD). I simply want to click on it and have it run:

    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe
    sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
    sudo pump -i wlan0
    echo done!
    I've saved it to my desktop as hotNetwork.sh, and I've changed the permissions to be executable. When I click on it, nothing happens, and it doesn't run the commands in the script. Help?

    -Tofer
    p.s. I also tried assigning it to open up with "sh" or "bash" via the little wrench tool in the properties box, but that doesn't help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7
    Ah. Paths. It's all about paths, isn't it? I put in the correct paths (why can't bash figure them out??) as so, linked everything correctly to a shortcut, and it's fine now:


    Code:
    #!/bin/sh 
    /sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable 
    /sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=hot authtype=opensystem 
    /sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 dot11req_mibset mibattribute=dot11WEPDefaultKey0=fa:fb:fc:fd:fe 
    sudo /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up 
    sudo /sbin/pump -i wlan0 
    echo done!
    Grr.

    -Tofer
    [/code]

Similar Threads

  1. help with menu script
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
  2. help with simple script
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
  3. Howto: Script to put the device shortcuts on the desktop
    By fabriloup in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
  4. Help with a script
    By lindros in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
  5. script
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router picture

Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router

$500.00



🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00