-
IBM Thinkpad T30
Knoppix 5.0.1 CD and IBM Thinkpad T30 Model T236685U boots and mostly works. See:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User_talk:Ggeller
-
Dell Latitude D610
Dell Latitude D610, 1.8 GHz Pentium M, Intel 915 video, 1400x1050 native resolution, broadcom 57xx gigabit NIC
Knoppix 5.0.1 CD. I haven't tested the wifi in Knoppix yet (Intel ipw2200bg), but everything seems to work OK. I get 1280x1024 using this:
Code:
knoppix dma screen=1280x1024 vsync=60 xmodule=i810
-
acer aspire 3004LCi works except
Knoppix 5.01 CD version:
Edit: addition - Acer Aspire 3004LCi - Athalon 3000+ (1.8GHz)
The only thing that does not work is my wireless. The internal broadcom wireless is identified but won't work, my Netgear MA401 card works or so I think except kwifimanager won't let me change the automatic settings in the configuration editor to that eth0 assigned to the MA401... so it uses the broadcom all the time... well, it lets me change it, but the menu bar on kwifimanager still says eth2 rather than the eth0 assigned to my MA401 card. If I reopen kwifi and the configuration editor, it does say eth0, but the menu bar says eth2 still.
I am still using knoppix 4.02 The only issue there is that it doesn't see my battery and 5.01 does.
Edit: addition - Ndiswrapper in 4.02 works with the broadcom wireless card... or if I just want it to work quick, I just put in the Netgear MA 401 or linksys WPC 11, version 3 card in and it is all pretty much automatic to get connected[/b]
-
Re: Newish laptops running Knoppix -- pls post here

Originally Posted by
WoofDeF
If you have a new or newish laptop that SUCCESSFULLY boots Knoppix, then PLEASE post (a) version of Knoppix, and (b) the model number and cpu details here. Does all hardware work? Did you need cheatcodes etc?
(a) Successfully booted Knoppix 5.0.1 CD -de-
(b) Acer Aspire 1693WLMi Intel Pentium M 750 1.8 GHz / 1 GB DDR2 / ATI Mobility X700 128 MB VRAM / 15.4"
Cheatcodes:
- for getting Knoppix to boot and running X
"knoppix acpi=off xmodule=fbdev"
-for getting also the radeon driver to work in a 1280x800 screen resolution
(the process is booting into "init 2" - editing the xorg.conf - running X with "init 5"
mostly quotation marks mean this has to be typed at the terminal, when editing the file it shoukd be exactly like written here (even with quotation marks"
Code:
"knoppix 2 acpi=off"
editing the xorg.conf with "joe /etc/X11/xorg.conf"
in section "Monitor" deleted all VESA modes
in section "Device" replaced Driver "<whatever>" with Driver "radeon"
added Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,Auto" before EndSection
in section "Screen" in every Subsection "Display" added to every Modes line "1280x800" in first place
press "CTRL-K x" to save & exit joe
type "init 5" and press ENTER to run X
explanations:
if MonitorLayout was not added the display remained black
if 1280x800 was not added the 1024x768 mode was used instead, not really user friendly
I described everything in detail since I am new to Linux/Knoppix and had even a hard time to edit a file on the command line with editor joe, for info type "man joe" in a terminal window or press "CTRL-K h".
Additional Hardware:
- network card working
- additional hardware like modem, wlan, cardreader could not test
- for info https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestin...Aspire1692WLMi (similar model)
Sven
-
Compaq Computer Working Fine :O
Alrighty, I just got the CD burned finally after running the STD version, but now I've gotten the 5.01 CD and it works awesome. WAY better 
KDE!!!! never worked on this laptop properly before, now it works flawlessly.
Compaq Presario V4000
Only problem, is the Wireless Card that comes with it, not supported. It's one of those killswitches that Windows knows to enable (with the button or without) and Linux doesn't know how :/ If only we could figure that part out LOL
Anyway, I am gonna get a WMP54G I think (borrow from work) and if I can get it to work from the CD with a slight modification to config's then i'll post exactly what I did starting from boot. Perhaps a install kind of cmd to adjust some sort of config... i dunno lol.
As far as the keys are concerned, most don't work. The Fn keys don't work 100% and the multimedia keys are well windows based ... ugh. Anyway...
Happy Hunting
-
Junior Member
registered user
Acer 5300WLMi
I installed Konppix 5.0 live on DvD on Acer Aspire 5300WLMi.
AMD Turion 64M-32 processor
512M DDR
80 G HDD
802.11b/g wireless LAN
Every hardware can be correctly recognized except for the wireless LAN. Actually I have not any idea to fix the problem. Anybody knows, please tell me. Thanks in advance
-
Hp zv6100 series.
Everything works A1 except the Broadcom wireless. $30 WG511T and no setup and wireless works excellent with WEP.
Only not perfect device is the scroll on touchpad.
Screens 1024x780 60Hz
Sounds great
videos great
Similar Threads
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By guigui in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00