-
I have a hp pavilion ze4500 I'm using knoppix 3.8.1 & 3.9.1 Both will boot and both will run, albeit with some glitches, I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ w/1024MB DDR SDRAM. It has booted best w/ the noacpi option. Be sure your disk is clean and that the download will pull up on a comparable desktop (so you know it works). I tried every version from 3.3 through 3.7 without success. It wasn't until the adition of the unionfs that I was finaly able to access the I-net. I did get 3.6 to boot and while I got 3.7 to boot it kept crashing no matter What I did. Like I suggested I did use 3.7 on the home desktop a hp pavilion 733n. If the salesperson isn't willing to let you boot a live CD standing beside you (he might learn something) then you really don't need to purchase from them. There ARE other sources to purchase, especially when they know that the ability of the equiptment to load your disk is a purchase point.
I wish you good luck and I have heard that some of the intel chip/cpu's will not run Knoppix/linux uner any conditions.
Captain Cautious
07.20.05
Similar Threads
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By guigui in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99