-
-
Hi there.
Knoppix v. 4.0.2 is the first version of knoppix i have succesfully loaded on my Gateway M675. Although it loaded, some hardware was not recognized, the sound card is hopeless (as far as i can tell) and the wireless card is detected (with a wrapper) but dosn't want to work. I swapped out the broadcom wireless card for my GF's intel card and it worked on boot. Also the graphics card is a little glitchy, i cant force any res higher than 1024X768. (what you would expect from ATI). my sys info is:
Intel P4ht 2.8Ghz, 512mb 400Mhz DDRam, ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 w/128mb, 100Gb HDD(fujitsu 5400rpm), Broadcom wireless B/G, sagmatel cmajor sound card, WXGA 1440X900.
PS: oh yeah.... the P4 with HT shows up as dual processors. Two penguins show up on boot screen.
-
HEY EVERYBODY
I JUST STARTED TO USE LINUX A MONTH AGO SO BEAR WITH......
i HAVE AN
HP DV1420CA LAPTOP
INTEL CENTRINO 1.6GHZ
2GB RAM
INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS
100GB HD (PARTITIONED HALF AND HALF) NTFS / EXT3+SWAP
INTEL 2200 WIRELESS LAN
AFTER ALOT OF CHOOCHING I FINALLY MANAGED TO GET KNOPPIX INSTALLED ON MY HARD DRIVE. i HAVE THE GRUB LOADER INSTALLED SO I CAN BOOT INTO EITHER WINDOWS XP TABLET PCEDITION 2005 OR INTO KNOPPIX. I INSTALLED KNOPPIX THIS WAY: I USED PARAGON IN WINDOWS XP TO PARTITION MY DRIVE. THEN I REBOOT WITH KNOPPIX 4.0 DVD INTO KDE. I OPEN THE ROOT TERMINAL AND TYPE IN "KNOPPIX-INSTALLER" AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS. BASICALLY I CONFIGURED THE INSTALL TO NOT FORMAT THE DISK, BUT JUST SET THE BOOT FLAG ON MY 2ND PARTITION AND TO SET THE INSTALL FOR "KNOPPIX LIKE ON THE CD" TYPE OF INSTALL. THE OTHERS ALWAYSLOCKED UP AFTER REBOOTING. eVERYTHING PRETTY MUCH SEEMS TO WORK FINE EXCEPT I AM STILL HAVENING TROUBLE FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET MY SCREEN RES UP TO 1280X768, AS OF NOW IT ONLY LETS ME CHOOSE UP TO 1024X768. iF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD TELL ME THANKS!
-
Re: Newish laptops running Knoppix -- pls post here
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5000
Knoppix: CD version KNOPPIX4.0
It booted perfectly with no cheatcodes. I haven't explored all the details yet. DHCP got me hooked up to the internet (via cable) with no problem.
It's beautiful.
I'm using it to recover data that I messed up when I went berserk installing Debian (I don't blame Debian -- I really did some dumb things). So far, so good. Thank heavens for "testdisk" (and photorec).
-
hi i just bought a new laptop its an acer aspire5672wlmi.
on the previous post i noticed somebody saying something about his aspire working fine with knoppix . i was wondering if this is the same model as mine?
here are the new lapps statsa
centrino 1.6x2 dual core1 gb ddr2 ram
512mb ati x1400
100gb sata hd
bluetooth
802.11abg wireless
knoppix is ripper and i just wanna know if i can install it with no problems????
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
brandonius
knoppix is ripper and i just wanna know if i can install it with no problems????
I have no idea what you mean by knoppix is ripper but of course you can't install it with no problems. See answer #2.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
U may need to do some tweaking with cheatcodes. Check
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
For an Acer Aspire 5504, the following works:
boot: knoppix noapm noapic noagp xmodule=fbdev
Do a bit of tweaking with the cheatcodes and report back in here the "symptoms" u see.
Gd luck!
-
resolution problem
Hi...im using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200 laptop with a cyber 9525 (generic) video card in it....recently i lost my hard drive and so im running knoppix v3.9 off a cd...i have an external hard drive connected via USB and everything else works properly....but still i have a resolution problem which i cant solve with cheat codes...the screen resolution is always 640x480 and there is nothing else except that....can someone please help me out in this!!!!....
-
My Compaq M2105US is running live under it very well. Wireless is an issue at first but solved fairly easily with Liunxant drivers. Booted right up with the live CD under Knoppix. :P
-
AMILO 1650 A
Hi
knoppix 4.01 works well on my FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO 1650 A except for the wifi card
Mauro
Similar Threads
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By guigui in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21