-
A bunch of knoppix questions.....
I will pleased to get answer's to any of these questions, bearing in mind I know little about linux
Firstly I have three main drives when I bootup besides the cdrom and floppy drive
Hda1 - My Windows NTFS partition
Hda2 - My Linux Partition
Sda1 - My Pen Drive
Firstly I want all of these drives mounted when I boot up.
Secondly I want so that all apps have read/write access to all these drives - I do know about permissions from having used chmod's on redhat web server's (via ftp) so I changed them on sda1 (777) however when I open things up in openoffice they are still read only
[edit - I fixed the problem by changing the permissions elsewhere on SDA1 - but I still have the saem problem on HDA 1 and 2]
Thirdly I would like if possible the pen drive to be like a windows pen drive - is appears as a drive when you put it in and disappears when you take it out.
Also when I installed knoppix, I had to use a third party installation app - and it set my lanquage as german - which I can bearly understand - if I was going to use any foreign lanquage it would have been french. Anway I changed back the lanquage for kde after findign the right option in control center, but mozilla and gaim are still in german - how can I change this?
And last but not least - I have six gig of apps I want to get rid of a few because I don't need them - how do I this.
Similar Threads
-
By Vyper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:05 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
-
By stuart_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By Paper_Sack in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 06:38 PM
-
By Jorah in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$151.20

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88