-
Wine and WMP
Playing around with Wine and Windows Media Player, two questions.
1. Do I need to install the .exe under the /.wine/fake_window directory? Right now I have the .exe under the /home dir
2. Running 3.4 Knoppix and how do I know which version of WMP works under Wine? This box is only running Linux, no Windows, so I don't know if Wine is trying to find certain .dll files or any other windows files to run it.
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Why do you need WMP?
Linux can play those files.
After you add those entries just become root and type
apt-get update
apt-get install w32codecs
-

Originally Posted by
firebyrd10
Why do you need WMP?
Linux can play those files.
After you add those entries just become root and type
apt-get update
apt-get install w32codecs
After updating my apt-get sources files with
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
Keep getting malformed line with what I have added, are you sure this is correct?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
You'll want to add all three.
Other then that I can't see why it isn't working.
Similar Threads
-
By Veal_calf in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 01:43 AM
-
By broadband412 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 05:29 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
-
By jojo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM
-
By jamijar in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Ubiquiti UniFi VoIP UVP
$85.00

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00