-
Problems sending/attaching files in email using Linux
Hi All,
I have search this entire site but could not find anything on this topic, but I doubt that nobody had that before so it is probably so common knowledge that only a newbie like myself would nopt know.
Well, I am having trouble sending email attachments, more specifically pdf or jpeg files. I am able only so far to send .txt atachments so I know it is not the email program or some incompatibility. I have tried several different files (the largest being 40kb) and still have the same trouble.
I have tried Kmail and Firebird using my ISP's smtp (sprint), using gmail's SMTP, and directly within the gmail site using different browsers (Konqueror, Mozilla, and Firefox) but still no luck.
I have tried with Knoppix Live CD 3.4 & 3.7, Knoppix 3.7 Hdd install, and Ubuntu LiveCD and still have the same problem. And did so on 2 different computers.
The only thing I can think off is that there is a special parameter/config to set somewhere in Linux to adjust for this to work, but wherever I try I cannot find it, and it is most likely because I have been a MS Windows user for too long 
Hope someone here can direct me to the right info to solve this.
Thanks in advance,
Francis
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By el_supremo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:28 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By ericia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00