-
Problems sending/attaching files in email using Linux
Thanks Fyrebird10, Green1 and CrashedAgain for your prompt replies...
Fyrebird10 ->
I do get an error message only when using Gmail on the web. Error is: Document Contains No Data. The other way I tried (thru SMTP) it just gets stuck at 87% transmission. According to gmail help site, Document Contains No Data error should only occur if I am transfering exe file or file larger than 10Mb, but the files I am trying to transfer are .jpeg and .pdf and none were larger than 40kb.
Green1 ->
Yes, POP settings are correctly set (ie I can receive mail without problem). SMTP works fine also using regular email or when attaching .doc files or .txt files, it only blocks with jpeg and pdf.
I also know it is not my ISP blocking the files since I can send attachments fine when doing it under Windows...
CrashedAgain ->
Well it is encouraging to know that I should not have trouble sending attachments. Still a mystery to me...
As far as connections go, I am using dialup from home. But the other PC i tried this on (using Knoppix Live and also trying Ubuntu Live) still had the same symptoms and it is using token ring...
Thanks for all your help...
Francis
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By el_supremo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:28 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By ericia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00