Hi Green1,



Yes, there are 2 common denominators here actually (but eh, it could very well be the user, so lets make that 3, however, as I said, I am not aware of any other way of sending files as attachments and when sending .doc files or text files this works just fine).

Well, the 2 OS tried under Linux are all Debian based. Did not tried non-debian distros yet. The other non-Linux based OS (MS Windows XP, and MS Windows 98 work fine so I did not list them in the original post)

The other common factor is that all test were being sent to a gmail address (either mine or my girlfriend's) but I never heard of a receptor side blocking the mail before it even sent.

PC Hardware is not common. Tried it on my home PC (AMD 1.7 Ghz) and my work laptop (IBM T41 has an Intel mobile cpu).

All that said, it is weird, I agree. In my 5 years doing tech support I have never heard of this...

Actually, you could help me eliminate one of those common denominators - can you try sending me a pdf as attachment (in the 40 kb range) to my gmail address? ( [email protected] )
and let me know if you get the same problem...

Thanks for helping...

Francis