Not needed, you can use qtparted to resize the windows drive.
just type
sudo qtparted at a console.
Be sure to defrag first.
That's it! I'm getting rid of it! Well, actually I'm gonna make it a very small part of my HD.
The only problem is that I can't figure out how to partition my HD. I'm using a Dell Inspiron notebook, and the recovery cd (the one that has windows release 1 on it) asks if I want to reinstall windows. Will the cd let me repartition my HD, so that I could have XP take up like only 2, or 3 gigs?
Not needed, you can use qtparted to resize the windows drive.
just type
sudo qtparted at a console.
Be sure to defrag first.
You'll be choking windozeXP by only giving it 2 or 3 gig, especially if you plan on using it. It almost needs that much to run......
Knoppix will do what you need. Go for it.

$1400.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
Large Lot of Miscellaneous DDR4 Gaming Ram *See Description*
$999.99
LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00
LOT OF 50 RAM STICKS-Mixed Brand 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4-2400 (8GBX50=400GB TOTAL)
$1450.00