-
Senior Member
registered user
Trouble with grub...
I tried to change the black grub/debian background screen, which I don't know how to do, and when I modified menu.lst to point to the file/splash image it did not work. When I uncommented the old boot/messages and took out what I put in and rebooted, I was given this error:
Graphics file "(hd0,3)/boot/messages" missing, press any key to continue.
And I am taken to the other grub screen that just has text, graphic mode or whatever. I can proceed to enter any OS/kernel but I would like to know how to fix this to get back to the black screen. The messages file is still there.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I figured it out. This is how:
mkdir grub-src
cd grub-src
wget http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/gr...24.orig.tar.gz
wget http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/gr...0224-2.diff.gz
tar zxvf grub_0.93+cvs20030224.orig.tar.gz
gunzip grub_0.93+cvs20030224-2.diff.gz
patch -p0 < grub_0.93+cvs20030224-2.diff
cd grub-0.93+cvs20030224
./configure
make
make install
Then edited menu.lst after adding the splashimages with synaptic:
#gfxmenu (hd0,3)/boot/messages
splashimage /boot/grub/splashimages/biosplash.xpm.gz
Choose the biosplash to test. Then as root did update-grub. The output said no images found,but when I rebooted it was there and works properly.
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By tenlientl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$343.98

ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE
$14.90

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99