-
Junior Member
registered user
Custom Floppy
After a couple of hours trying to figure out DVDs with knoppix (then finding that someone wrote a script the day before in a different forum...) I have another question-
Can I make a boot floppy that will boot knoppix and include a set of command line options without remastering an entire disk?
I usally have to boot with: knoppix wheelmouse lang=eng noapic noapm
Ideally I should be able to include configuration scripts on the floppy as well, so that I can automatically install libdvdcss and others using a nice script 
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you look into syslinux.cfg (I'm going from memory) you will see the appends = " ... ... ..." line, that's where the boot parameters, cheatcodes go.
You'll have to look and see if there is a boot.sh or init.sh on the floppy for your script.
HTH
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have much hard drive space on my windows laptop, so I leave the knoppix CD in and boot it from floppy when I want to use knoppix. I wanted my cheat codes in the floppy so they would auto load. I use myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600. The noeject keeps the CD tray from popping out when I shut down knoppix.
So, I edited the Syslinux.cfg file on the boot floppy in a windows text editor and added my cheat codes to the default entry as so:
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 50
I changed the timeout to 50 from 300 so there would only be a 5 second delay before knoppix boots. The custom floppy works great.
Similar Threads
-
By Keyser_Soze in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By uttara_82 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:06 PM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
-
By timmoore47 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper ACX7100-48L-DC-AO / 48 ports of 10/25/50GbE SFP56
$25995.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99