-
Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
Hello,
I am a newbie to Linux. Wanted to try out Knoppix as it sounded very simple. I would love to get more involved with Linux, but it seems so difficult for me to get started. I booted with the CD (created from the latest version) and it seens to work fine expect for audio. While boot up and even when I run the sound configuration utlity 0.57, it says that it detects the Intel sound card, but I can hear when I play an Ogg or other file. I read many of the posts, but I couldn't get much of it. Can someone pleaseee help me to get my sound card working ?
Thanks a tonne in advance.
Ganesh.
Similar Threads
-
By lctn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
-
By TimothyStow in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2006, 04:31 AM
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By level in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By H-Makro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails
$310.00