-
Junior Member
registered user
So I am done. Unfortunatley the result is near worst case.
On my Notebook I had already a dual boot installation (GRUB-> XP Home + SUSE 9..2).
Knoppix install killed grub. Now LILO comes up after booting and offers me 3 Knoppix variants and my WInXP.
Unfortunately:
- SUSE 9.2 is not referenced in LILO
- the 3 Knoppix variants do not boot ("Kernel Panic ..." during boot routine)
- without the USB drive connected the PC does not boot at all.
I assumed that the MBR would only be changed on the USB disk, not on the PC´s main disk.
So first I have to restore the PC (to boot without USB disk and to find XP and SUSE).
I think I will have to dig into MBR / Bootloader stuff now... ;-(
Maybe I open another thread here in the forum?
Thanks anyway!
Cheers Thomas
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By muzicman82 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:10 AM
-
By timread in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 11:03 AM
-
By lstein in forum Laptops
Replies: 22
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50