Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Customizing LiLo

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    44

    Customizing LiLo

    Hey, First off, I wanna say knoppix is wonderful. It's a magic CD. It's candy in CD form.

    That said, I wanna customize the lilo boot image. Just wondering if there's something special i have to do other than make an image and point lilo.conf to that image.

    Also, there any premade images not included on the CD? like a gallery somewhere. I plan on making my own but it'd be neat to take a look at some others.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    44
    still had no luck. Gives me invalid BMP no matter what i do.


    Is there a 16 color limit, or something?

    I wanted to use this: http://mycrap.tradedaemon.com/boot.png.

    I got it down to 256 colors but it still gave me the error when updating lilo. Hrm. No way to help this?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadda
    still had no luck. Gives me invalid BMP no matter what i do.


    Is there a 16 color limit, or something?

    I wanted to use this: http://mycrap.tradedaemon.com/boot.png.

    I got it down to 256 colors but it still gave me the error when updating lilo. Hrm. No way to help this?
    I searched with google and according to this guide, you need to adjust the colors: http://www.princessleia.com/liloSplash.php

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    44
    Damn. I searched for hours. I guess i just suck then

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    44
    I guess this is worth a shot....There's not any way to test the configuration for lilo.conf without rebooting, is there? Takes like three minutes to shut down & restart.

Similar Threads

  1. customizing
    By thrustan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
  2. Reinstall lilo to hda, using hda lilo.conf and knoppix live
    By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  3. KDE customizing
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:15 AM
  4. Customizing Knoppix!
    By praveen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. customizing kde
    By pap2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$99.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$299.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested

$180.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99