-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I just saw rcook's post and wanted to add a few thoughts.
When I did the above my workgroup wasn't named WORKGROUP. It was my normal workgroup name. Not sure if his WORKGROUP issue is because of XP, some particular XP service pack issue, or because he's going in the opposite direction that I was (running from the XP console when I ran from the Samba console). I plan to do a little more playing with this and see if I could move files from the windows system side without using the WORKGROUP name and will post back later.
rcook also avoided starting the GUI and ran Samba from the command prompt. I'm not clear why.
He made the file transfers from the Windows side. That might be a good idea, as a user doing this is likely more comfortable with the windows tools and GUI than with Knoppix. Does Samba mount all of the Knoppix system's partitions for you when you do this?
Similar Threads
-
By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 56
Last Post: 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
-
By rpope904 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
-
By interceptor in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2006, 08:09 AM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 05:32 AM
-
By Dagger in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

AMD Ryzen 7 Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU
$145.00

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i5-6500 Processor (3.2GHz, 4 Core, LGA1151 Socket) - SR2L6
$10.00

Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz 6-Core CPU Processor SR3QS LGA1151
$75.00

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95