Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Dumped at A:\ Prompt by KNOPPIX

  1. #11
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Dumped at A:\ Prompt by KNOPPIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajak
    Thanks for the help KNOPPIX people!, I'm off to get Nero 6.6.0.5 Reloaded & try again, using the instructions given.
    Rather than thanks, I would just like to know why you will not use the Disc Image or Saved Project option that will do what you want?

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Harry. just trying to help the guy out, I got that from googling nero bootable data cd and just copied and pasted those instructions for him.

  3. #13
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    Harry. just trying to help the guy out, I got that from googling nero bootable data cd and just copied and pasted those instructions for him.
    Your "trying to help" would have been very confusing if he had tried to follow it. He stated that he was Using Nero Express. Did you think that there was a reason that I told him to use the "Disc Image or Saved Project" option rather than telling him to use "File"->"Burn Image"? Actually, there are several: Nero Express doesn't even have the "top of window menu" that would be needed to do this. Also, Nero 6, even the full version, doesn't burn that way (they removed the Burn Image choice from the file menu and hid the feature elsewhere). You made the I don't use nero but... post nearly an hour after I told him the right place to find the feature in Nero express, and after another post of yours as well as a response by him, so I have to figure that you at least had time to see my post. You were giving him comfusing, conflicting and simply wrong information for his stated situation. I elected to let him know.

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    I read his post, part of the next, skipped yours, and posted a reply. Next time I will take the time to read all posts.

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11
    I cannot get KNOPPIX to run on my PC, I bought KNOPPIX on CD from http://www.cheeplinux.com/ . After about 1/2 an hour, during which it detected my hardware, it got as far as the splash-screen with the Penguin sitting in the middle of a CD. This screen was offset by about a 1./4 to the right, so I could not see what was on the right side of it.

    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso, burned it to CD & the same thing happened, even after using the nodma boot option. I tried booting the same CD from an external USB2 CD drive but after a while, I got the message: no operating system found. Is my PC KNOPPIX proof?.

    System specs:
    OS: Win. XP Pro.
    File System: NTFS
    MB: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
    BIOS: Award
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.6
    Ram: 256 Meg Crucial Memory
    Primary HD: C80GB Western Digital Caviar SE, no partitions)
    CD Drive: DLiteon 40x12x48x Writer)
    DVD Drive: JLG GSA-4160B Writer, in external USB2 enclosure)

    Ajak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Running Knoppix from a DOS prompt
    By PetersonZF in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 can't get to boot prompt
    By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
  3. KNOPPIX booting into command prompt, HELP
    By dhkkong in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.6: at boot prompt, the only first argument works
    By vega1970 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:41 AM
  5. Error after Knoppix command prompt
    By Exit in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08