In case of a failing hardware autodetection, try booting with any of
the "no-" options as shown:
knoppix noagp noapic nodma nopcmcia
to skip some critical parts of the autodetection system.
Hi, am new to the Knoppix work from CD world. I have burned my CD and am ready to work with the working CD.
When the first screen comes up, I have entered Knoppix, and then Knoppix24 and even have used failsafe and the following occurs.
When I use either Knoppix or Knoppix24, after it loads all the drivers and sees my system which is a 2 ghz celeron, it just goes to black screen and turns the monitor off. It never gets into the OS.
When I use the failsafe mode, it gets into the OS ok, but my mouse fails to work at all. Is there a work around this problem or what suggestions can you make?
Thanks for your help.
In case of a failing hardware autodetection, try booting with any of
the "no-" options as shown:
knoppix noagp noapic nodma nopcmcia
to skip some critical parts of the autodetection system.
Mine did that and I had to use:
fb1024x768
That seemed to do the trick.
(have a FX5200 video card)

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2
$599.99