Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Pda syncing issues! (palm not found!)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30

    Pda syncing issues! (palm not found!)

    I'm using a Tungsten| E (OS 5), and am trying to sync via usb with KPilot"

    I tried "ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/pilot"
    and got "ln: `/dev/pilot': File exists"
    what does that mean?

    Whenever I tell KPilot to synch, i get the same error. Nothing happens! The program says "Hotsynching please wait" and then I press the H/s button on my PDA, but they both just sit there!

    I think I read in a few other topics about needing to have /dev/pilot on my desktop or something. How do I do that? Do I need to do that?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83
    Press the hotsync button on your palm and then check the /var/log/syslog to see the device you palm registers on. It will be something like /dev/ttyUSB1. Put this name into your kpilot (or jpilot) configuration.

    [Really, I can't understand why these applications don't do this for you?!]

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    do I need to have root permission to open that file?
    edit: also it looks like syslog is empty? am I doing something wrong?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    sweet! I just put in /dev/ttyUSB1, and it works!
    That's one less need for windows!

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    ok, slight problem
    there's no calander viewer with kpilot!
    any solutions?

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel panic - not syncing : No init found
    By satimis in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
  2. Syncing with Palm Tunsgten
    By Gros104 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 05:16 PM
  3. Syncing my Palm
    By extradudeguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
  4. Klaus can make money with Palm editition
    By Eshnet.net in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 12:22 AM
  5. Kernel image not found - Issues
    By kulwen in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 05:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2 picture

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2

$7.84



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59