-
KDE Login won't login
Knoppix has been running great for about a month, I was getting quite confedent!
Did a BUNCH of updates and added a LOAD of games over the weekend using KPackage. Things went realy well!. Closed KPackage and tried some of the "NEW" stuff - seemed to work GREAT!!! - God I love Knoppix.
My son (SUN?) wanted to run some of the games too, so we logged out with a reboot. Computer rebooted fine, went to GRUB and selected Knoppix kernel (3.7) install. Everything was working GREAT till it came to something about YP Server - where did that come from? Finely timed out and went on loading up to the KDE Login. Entered my son's name and password, hit "enter" key and - NOTHING. and I do mean NOTHING. I did notice the "curser" was different, now looking more like a triangle than a pointing hand.
Selected "Clear", the screen refreshed and we tried again to login - this time using my login and password. Enter - NOTHING happens. Reboot the computer, complete shutdown this time, comes back to KDE GUI Login screen, still won't login, not even the root!
OK - I know I'm doing something extreemely dumb, like forgetting to inhale after each exhale!
Where do I go from here? I don't want to re-install because of all the time I spent updating and loading the other stuff...
GMD
Similar Threads
-
By augustokat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
-
By bmasters in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 06:28 AM
-
By torbu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By ssnow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00