-
Error configuring shared Windows printer
I have two machines, "A" running XP SP2 and "B" running XP SP1. They are networked via a broadband rounter (DLink DI604), and the network, and printer sharing, work fine under XP. But I am having trouble accessing the printer on "A" from Knoppix 3.4, installed to HD on "B". The KDE printer wizard chugs along, finding the workgroup and both printers, but when I click on "A", after a second or two, I get an error message, "Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED". If this will go away in 3.7, someone say so and I will be happy, but if I have misconfured something, can someone please set me straight? Thanks.
Dave
-
I may be wrong about this (I'm new, aswell) but it seems like knoppix has only *expirimental* NTFS read/write support. As a matter of fact, if i recall, even reading from an NTFS drive is buggy enough that you have to go about fixing disk compression problems after a read. If you're running winXP, i assume you're on an NTFS filesystem.
I got around that because i keep XP on fat32, and for all my NTFS needs, i have an extra ~10gb partition.
XP's settings also may not allow network printer sharing without access rights. Check your other computer's settings and make sure you can share that printer (You may need username/password?)
My current printer problem is my upstairs computer is on Win ME (don't ask. Soon as it fufills it's purpose it'll make way for slackware or gentoo) and i can't even get XP to share that printer. In fact, Knoppix came closer to sharing it than XP.
Similar Threads
-
By Aldago in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
-
By Edgardo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 03:46 AM
-
By pstoddard in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 08:53 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59