-
Junior Member
registered user
Anyone used Euronode? A router-distro, not an ATM ;-)
I've been using ClarkConnect as a home LAN router/firewall and fileserver on a 100MHz/64MB RAM Pentium for some time now. It's pretty good, but I have been looking around for a more expandable and flexible router distro for some time now, preferably something based on our beloved Debian system. So today I stumbled across Euronode http://www.euronode.com, a french company that produces a Debian based router-distro http://www.euronode.org which look quite promising: easy to install and quite capable.
So, has anyone here tried it?
Liked it?
Or can you recommend some other <1 gig HD-based router fit for a silver haired Pentium? Then why?
Best regards,
Andreas
-
I use Smoothwall without problem, but will look into this new one.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Smoothwall and IPCOP are fine products and I did run the latter for some time. However, what I want is something more like a normal distro to which I can add packages easily (e.g. Samba, ftp, gameservers etc). Euronode looks promising since it, as far as I could tell, is simply a stripped-down debian with stock kernels and apt-get glory.
What a heck. I'll will install it and try it out and post a summary/review.
I'll be back.
Similar Threads
-
By eon in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By Sass in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By sybariten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95