Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Anyone used Euronode? A router-distro, not an ATM ;-)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13

    Anyone used Euronode? A router-distro, not an ATM ;-)

    I've been using ClarkConnect as a home LAN router/firewall and fileserver on a 100MHz/64MB RAM Pentium for some time now. It's pretty good, but I have been looking around for a more expandable and flexible router distro for some time now, preferably something based on our beloved Debian system. So today I stumbled across Euronode http://www.euronode.com, a french company that produces a Debian based router-distro http://www.euronode.org which look quite promising: easy to install and quite capable.

    So, has anyone here tried it?
    Liked it?
    Or can you recommend some other <1 gig HD-based router fit for a silver haired Pentium? Then why?

    Best regards,
    Andreas

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    I use Smoothwall without problem, but will look into this new one.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13
    Smoothwall and IPCOP are fine products and I did run the latter for some time. However, what I want is something more like a normal distro to which I can add packages easily (e.g. Samba, ftp, gameservers etc). Euronode looks promising since it, as far as I could tell, is simply a stripped-down debian with stock kernels and apt-get glory.

    What a heck. I'll will install it and try it out and post a summary/review.

    I'll be back.

Similar Threads

  1. Fixing PPP in another distro
    By eon in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:24 PM
  2. Looking for distro
    By Sass in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
  3. Do i need a new distro?
    By sybariten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:42 AM
  4. [DISTRO] New distro Knoppix-Gentoo based (Gulp!)
    By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
  5. really small distro, backup distro
    By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$489.96