I use Smoothwall without problem, but will look into this new one.
I've been using ClarkConnect as a home LAN router/firewall and fileserver on a 100MHz/64MB RAM Pentium for some time now. It's pretty good, but I have been looking around for a more expandable and flexible router distro for some time now, preferably something based on our beloved Debian system. So today I stumbled across Euronode http://www.euronode.com, a french company that produces a Debian based router-distro http://www.euronode.org which look quite promising: easy to install and quite capable.
So, has anyone here tried it?
Liked it?
Or can you recommend some other <1 gig HD-based router fit for a silver haired Pentium? Then why?
Best regards,
Andreas
I use Smoothwall without problem, but will look into this new one.
Smoothwall and IPCOP are fine products and I did run the latter for some time. However, what I want is something more like a normal distro to which I can add packages easily (e.g. Samba, ftp, gameservers etc). Euronode looks promising since it, as far as I could tell, is simply a stripped-down debian with stock kernels and apt-get glory.
What a heck. I'll will install it and try it out and post a summary/review.
I'll be back.

Atari 410 Program Recorder Cassette Tape Drive for Atari 400/800 Computers
$150.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00