-
Lilo Boot-Manager
I have just finished installing Knoppix onto my computer. So when I start Knoppix with Lilo there is a red windows coming up where I have to decided from which partition I want to boot. But there are some partitions listed on which I don't have an operating system, does anybody know how I can change this red box so that it just shows Linux and my Windows, and not the other partitions. I have tried lilo.conf but that only changes the boot-manager at first not the red box.
Thanks
-
Yep. You'll find a file called lilo.conf in /etc
Edit this file. A little ways down you'll see all the images you can boot from (Linux, Linux 2.3 or whatever) and then you'll see your windows partition if you have one, and any other patitions on the disk. Simply delete these blocks and save the file. Now type lilo in konsole and reboot.
On mine i just renamed the ones without OS's one em to Spare Disk.
I suppose you could also toggle 'bootable' in fdisk? Didn't think of that before, but i don't think my spares were toggled bootable in the first place.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Shadda
I suppose you could also toggle 'bootable' in fdisk? Didn't think of that before, but i don't think my spares were toggled bootable in the first place.
They are not toggle bootable; editing /etc/lilo.conf is the correct way. You must be root to edit this file & don't forget to re-run lilo (just type 'lilo' also as root) to implement your changes.
If you are unsure of what you are doing, just comment out the lines you want to remove instead of actually deleting them. Placing a # at the beginning of the line makes the line into a comment instead of an executable command.
Similar Threads
-
By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By proto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67