-
Apache, PHP, and the three little bears.
Okay, I installed knoppix to my harddrive a couple days ago.
From there, i went to install php. Now, i've installed php in other distros, and some usuall problems occured with php.
For one, i need php5 (All the scripts i'm porting from windows use quite advanced PHP5, so php4 is no option) So i decided to compile php5. I got the usuall crap it throws my way, libxml, mysql headers not found, etc etc etc.
Then i had some apache problems. My first problem was a hostname problem that i had borked on install (Read the question wrong, wrote the wrong information). I got around that, sort of...Apache still thinks it's fubar, but it works okay now; i gave it a bandaid. Now my problem is, i apt-get installed apache2, and then did the same for php5.
The thing is, the apache2 configuration that came with the apt-get version is really weird!
The httpd.conf file it reads from is all but empty, and it uses apache2.conf for its default configuration. Now, i've installed apache2 many times, and its never been setup like this.
I can't even figure out how to get PHP setup with apache2 from here.
QUESTION: From the auto-installed version of apache2, how do i load php5 modules?
PS. I wasn't sure if this should be posted here, but nobody elsewhere knew, and i thought it might be a common problem (Also searched google, but its hard to find problems like this, especially with debian)[/i]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Shadda,
Knoppix 3.7 comes with Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 4.3.9. So getting Apache2 and PHP5 going is no easy task, even on a hard disk installation. You could do it by installing the packages from source, or you might consider a remastered Knoppix where this has already been done. For instance, LiveZope at http://math.cgu.edu.tw/ . This is a DVD size distro, so you would need a DVD burner, but it does provide a working PHP5 and Apache2 environment as well as many other features.
Regards,
Mark
-
Yes, I don't like installing apache or php or anything server related with apt-get, it's just....uncouth.
I actually got my problems worked out and narrowed down to one thing.
when compiling PHP5, I was getting some WEIRD errors that i just could not explain. Was telling me it couldn't find my confdefs.h file (part of php5) and that all sorts of files were missing.
Well, i did a little research and found that those actually weren't correct errors., There's a bug in either debian or php or both that prevents compiling --with-imap. I compiled the c-client from source and placed it in correct locations but PHP was having all sorts of trouble with them--There was some sort of error happening between confdefs and debian. I'd still like to get it to work but i don't see how. (I even tried various snapshots and older versions of php5, no luck. I've also downgraded gcc to 2.95 as that seems to be a general trend in bug reports on php.net)
If anyone could shed some light on this problem, that would be much appreciated. Until then, I'm back on my windows server trying to get some work done. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By alienjeff in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-28-2005, 05:31 AM
-
By gadgerama in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
-
By jpiranha in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:57 AM
-
By jpiranha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By frescard in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73